Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Best of Days...

My day began at 4am when Walter began to dance around in the tiny bed that his parents have confined him to.  To be honest I didn't hear the commotion, but Amy promptly woke me up and I gladly went to check on the situation.  I was greeted with an ear to ear smile that only a male Maher can deliver at such an hour.  I knew right away that my boy needed to blow out some gaseous glory!  I rocked him a bit and we talked about the day ahead.  You see today was the day that Amy had to return to work.




After changing Walter's devastated pamper he decided he'd like to crawl up on Mommy for one last morning feed, before Daddy wore his butt out.  I know I've said it before, but watching my boy bond with his Mom means more to me than anything that I could ever possibly achieve in life.  After the feast, Walter and I went back to bed until about 715am when it was time to walk Mama to the metro.  We both got strapped up and I must tell you that it was with the heaviest of hearts that we did so.  When the time came for Amy to say her goodbyes to Walter it was almost as if time stopped for a moment.

The kind of love that was transferred through that kiss can't really be measured, but it can certainly be enjoyed.  Walter must have fully understood the daunting task that I was about to undertake because he really took it easy on me today.  We read a bunch of books and played some catch in the best way a 3 month old can play.  Walter was clearly worn out by the time the afternoon rolled around, because he basically slept until Mama got home.  I really thought it would be more difficult to get him to take a bottle from me...I guess I smell more like a woman than I thought?  Whatever the case may be I was very thankful for my man's willingness to feed like Miley Cyrus's wrecking ball.  




Being a stay at home Dad has a certain stigma that comes attached to the job.  I'm not really one that buys into such things,  Walter and I have embarked on a journey that will end on the day that he decides he no longer needs my guidance.  My guess is that day could come tomorrow, but we've got a whole lot of fun on tap as fall approaches and I don't plan on letting this fella off the hook until his IQ reaches 180.  

Cheers and Love,
Christopher 














































No comments:

Post a Comment