Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Learning Curve...

Walter Eli Maher and his humble father have now spent a full 7 work days together, and I must tell you that I'm really freaking excited about our future together.  Things are starting to get pretty interesting around here, and I think it has a lot to do with Walter's ability to laugh at me.  He has no problem letting me know how funny I am, and I greatly appreciate his honesty.  I haven't quite mastered his native tongue as of yet, but I imagine we will be on the same page soon.


The picture above tells the entire Maher family story.  We love the heck out of each other and our egos are large enough to enjoy posting pictures this sweet.  The main attraction, of course, being that little beacon of light climbing all over his mama's back.  The one thing I wasn't prepared for when I took on the role of SAHD (Stay at home Daddy), was the separation anxiety that occurs almost immediately when I'm away from the little fella.  I realize it is a natural protective instinct, but I feel Walter has cast a spell on me.  Whatever it may be, I will tell you that I don't follow any of the guidelines laid out by all the experts.  We just take things day by day and have an absolute blast in the moment.

Museum Monday's was an idea of mine and now they've become a thing for us.  Today Walter and I took a stroll to the Native American museum where I helped teach the boy about the tribes that inhabited our lands much before we came about.  He seemed quite interested and when we took the quiz at the end he did very well!  I often wonder if frequently exposing a 3 month old to things like Museums or Mother Nature have an impact on development.  Regardless of that answer I believe that he is most definitely learning the importance of conversation, because I talk to him so much that I imagine folks walking by think I'm crazy.




I guess the reason Walter and I have so much to talk about resides in the fact that we both have a love for ourselves, and the thoughts we cultivate.  It's clear in the picture above that our desire to pose for shirtless selfies is trumped only by our need to smile.  It's only been 3 months, but boy am I proud of this young man's physique.  His mama has fed and trained him well, and I believe he is starting to understand the benefits of solid pectoral muscles during tummy time.  We will keep you updated on our progress :)

Well I guess I shall end this installment with a big Who Dey think gonna beat them Bengals!!!!  Walter says....NOOOOOBBBBOOOODDDYYY!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment