As you can see from the image above, my son does not drink craft beers. He does not go about his day wanting to be anything but an American built Man with a toughness that can't be taught. On New Years Eve the heir to the throne gave a valiant effort in regards to making it until midnight, but he bowed out just like his mother :). Being a Dad is like a fairy tale for me. I'm positive that I drive Amy crazy with my parenting style, but I firmly believe in the way I do things. Why do I firmly believe you ask?
All I read about online are the struggles of parents to get their children to sleep, eat, respect their elders. I am no baby whisperer but I will tell you that I have not once spoken to my Spartan like a child. Don't believe me? When I walked in tonight from my Euchre Meetup group (yes I make friends in D.C by playing Euchre #scaredofliberals), I was greeted with a fussy if not all out wild Walter. I let him cry in his crib for a bit; then I turned the lamb on. He saw my face, and I had a stern talk with him about being the Man of the house and one day being called upon to lead the Maher family into the future. The boy calmed down and went right to sleep. I'm not saying that women don't understand Men, but I'm saying that Men run the show around these parts.
Our boy is now 7 months old and he is growing taller and stronger by the day. I simply love feeding him real food, because it's comical for me to watch him gag on things like broccoli. It's comical, because I still gag on things like broccoli. I'm just glad my beautiful wife has sacrificed herself and her body to feed our Man for the last 7 months and beyond. I can't imagine how stressful it must be for the modern woman to breast feed. Women are amazing creatures, completely crazy, but amazing physical beings.
Walter, Amy and I are extremely excited for 2015!!! We are currently planning a family vacation to Maui in July, and perhaps we will even be moved out of D.C an into America by then. Walter will celebrate my birthday for the first time and he will quickly realize that it's the 2nd most important holiday of the year. The new Man will talk, walk and hold hands with his first girlfriend in 2015 and I couldn't be more excited. It's pretty freaking cool to wake up and see your mini me sleeping in the next room. I really don't have many parenting tips or secrets, because I just treat my boy like a best friend. We talk about girls, listen to country music and dream about sitting on the back deck drinking beers.
The next generation has arrived, and I'm positive that he's much smarter and better looking than the current.
Cheers to Walter and 2015
All my love and more,
Christopher
.jpg)
.jpg)
Why did you name your son after Walter White in the show Breaking Bad?
ReplyDelete