Being a stay at home Father has been the greatest gift my wife has ever given to me. Trusting me to be at home and molding her Son while she goes to work and provides for our family is so special. The responsibility can get heavy at times, but the joy I am receiving from the male bonding experience is absolutely priceless.
Walter Eli Maher has become a Man over the past 9 months. It is absolutely amazing to hang out with my boy, because he now understands the meaning of relationships and he can totally amp himself up for guests just like his Daddy. People always told me being home with our boy would be hard, but I find it hard for a very different reason. The fear of failure is always on my mind and thus I wake up each day with a smile and a new plan to make the boy laugh.
As you can see above we are very happy that the weather is growing warmer by the day. Our long walks are turning into meet and greets in the halls of the House and Senate buildings. I've found Walter to be so engaged with the staff and the Congress folks themselves. It is truly special that I am getting the chance to teach Walter about the foundations of freedom. We've publicly announced our support for Rand Paul and as soon as he announces we will fly flags and sport hats for our future leader. My boy will not grow up soft, entitled or any other adjective that our current government attempts to bestow upon our youth. Amy and I raise Spartans in this house, and Walter will live his life among Men and Women worthy of the title.
The photo above captures the look of a leader, a Man who understands and cares for his people. A Man who bows to no person, and takes everything from the evil in this world. My son has done more for Amy and I in 9 months than I could do for him in a lifetime. He embraces my laughter, hugs his mother as if it were his last and teaches us the meaning of joy. Walter Eli Maher is fully living up to his namesake and the future is not only bright, but it is alive.
Over the past few months I've been asked for tips on parenting and my tips remain the same. Treat your child with the respect the young Man or Woman deserves. I treat Walter as if he's an adult and we carry on as such. His relationship with me is much different than with Amy and it is beautiful. Walter seeks out Amy when he is tired and wanting to be embraced by the Queen of the land. When the boy wants to fight and get aggressive he challenges his father. These are the times in which dreams are made of. I will love, honor and respect my son until my dying day and he shall do the same to all those who command it.
We salute you...
All our love and more,
Christopher W. Maher
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment