Friday, May 15, 2015

One year check up :)

The blog is back in action and I must apologize for the long break.  The family has been wildly busy and Walter is growing at a rate that Amy and I didn't quite expect.  The young Man went from crawling, to standing to walking around in a matter of days.  I guess I shouldn't be too shocked since his father was once touted as the number one prospect across all American sports.


As you can see from the photo above, Walter is clearly getting his beauty from his Mama and his length from the Maher clan.  What blows me away though is the fact that once he learned to stand and take a few steps, he became a completely different animal.  As a result this blog is dedicated to giving all of you my opinions on modern day parenting and throwing in a few changes I'd like to see happen.  Cheers and Love!!  Now let's get to it!

1.  I have read zero books on parenting and I'd recommend that all new parents do the same.  

2.  I think "cribs" were the worst invention in history.  Why on earth does a child have to sleep in a prison cell?  My next child will have a nice soft mattress in the corner of a child proof room.  If he/she wants to get up and play in the middle of the night, that is he/she's business.

3.  Kids toys are comical, won't ever buy another one.  Walter only wants what I am using at any given time.  I can't blame him...He just wants to be like his Daddy...Hey, most people do.

4.  Taking a nap with my boy is the greatest thing that has ever happened in the history of sleep.  The dude knows how to cuddle, and he's not old enough to where it's weird yet.

5.  Breast feeding causes boys to absolutely lose their minds.  Walter is with me all day long, but all he has to do is get a whiff of his Mama's scent and this dude becomes an enraged boob hunter.  

6.  Walter is nearly 1 year old and I've never taken him to the doctor.  Antibiotics are awful for children and I pray that more parents start using garlic and things like it to heal mind illness's.  

7.  Everyone talks about baby proofing your living quarters, and yet I don't think that the concept makes any sense at all.  How is it possible to glue everything you own to the ceiling?

8.  Boys are obsessed with the goods in their diaper...rightfully so.

9.. I absolutely love how Walter interacts with women who give him the gooo goo gaa gaa routine.  He just bangs his hands around and screams at them...Good Man.

10.. I'm pretty positive that more Men should be stay at home Dad's.  I believe that young boys need to learn from their fathers early and often.  I wouldn't trade anything for the time the boy and I have had together this past year.  I feel like he's learning to be a Man at a very early age and his doing so from one of the greatest this world has ever known.  

11.  Mother's are absolutely incredible.  Breast feeding is flat out not an easy thing for the modern woman and yet it is so incredible to witness my Son get his nutrition and well being from the Queen.

12.  I don't believe in any of the rules that doctors or pediatricians bestow.  I think the entire industry is an absolute joke.  I love the doctors that check on the boy, but the money making side is sad and the fact that parents have almost no say is even sadder.  I'm just happy Walter is surrounded by greatness.

I hope this blog finds you smiling!!!  I will tell you that it's been an awesome year and I suspect big things are in the Maher family's future.

Cheers and Love,
Walter and his Big Humans.



No comments:

Post a Comment